Sunday, January 31, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
exams are over tomorrow.
what a relief that will be. i need to get back to the gym and put my life in order. im a person who thrives on routine and rhythm but experiments with spontaneity and aloofness.
i also thrive of laughter. jersey shore has been my salvation recently <3
Monday, January 25, 2010
i know im a little behind the times, but this weekend i finally watched atonement, and i was mesmerized by Keira Knightley's green dress. (that and James McAvoy). the whole movie was wonderful, heartbreaking and absolutely gorgeous to watch. there is something to beautiful about clothes from that era.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
I'v been using my MSF natural more and more and loving it except for the color is a little too dark and i was starting to feel orange all the time so i broke down and repurchased, a shade lighter, in 'light'. my old one won't go to waste however as i plan to use it all summer. (:
i also splurged and got 'all that glitters' as I've wanted it for months. i fell like the simple, clean and classic possibilities with this shadow are pretty much endless so as of now im writing it off as a worth while purchase.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
where do you get your ultimate style inspiration? where or on whom to do you spot something and think 'i must find a way to do this myself ' personally i have 4 main sources.they start with my lovely older sister.
1) she is an inspiration to me in so many ways
but she is also one of the most fun and elegant dressers i have ever known. love you foof.
(shes on the left, im on the right haha)
2) next would have to be harper's bazaar, there is no better fashion magazine. i've never got through a whole one without being inspired or learning something new and valuable about fashion. they also have sections devoted beautiful houses, another love of mine.
3) Im inspired by street-style for so many reason. i love the voice it gives to a region or country and the way it shows fashionable individuals mixing high fashion into their own personal style.
my all time favorite is this one out of Copenhagen. the BLOGS for boston do a dreadful job representing the classy and eclectic styles of my city so i won't even bother linking to that. ):
4) blogs of course!!!! these three in particular really get me excited about cloths and style and everything! afterDRK This chick's got style and of course Lions, tigers & fashion oh my! these women know how to DRESS! i strongly encourage checking out these blogs.
besides these 4 things, i'm inspired by EVERYTHING i see, my friends my town and my life. (:
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
i haven't really slept in the last three days.
and even after this evening's kick boxing class im wide awake.
all i want to do is sleep... but all i can do is lay in bed and think about how nice it would be to be asleep right now and how horrible my day will be tomorrow because of the lack of sleep. i have too much energy to sleep but not enough to move around. charming, really.
until i can fix it i just imagine myself here:
sweet dreams for those lucky enough to be sleeping. (:
Sunday, January 3, 2010
new years resolutions have always seemed corny and beyond useless to me. however this year i've been thinking and I've come up with a few things im excited to do, and to hold myself to.
1) learn how to use my camera
2) be consistently empathetic with difficult people
3) drink more water
4) go to the gym at least once a week
5) budget money (i.e. use make up completely, only buy clothes i need, don't go out to eat, and be creative instead of buying new things)
I've decided to spend my last hours of bliss with an old and stedfast friend: Lord of The Rings, directors cut edition. geekin out is my number one past time and always will be.
p.s. when i was younger i had an obsession with Sir Ian Mckellen,
he is so talented and smart and beautiful! just thought i would get real with yall for a second. (: